Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cheesy Puff Triangles

These are very quick and easy and a great way to use up left overs.  I had left over bacon, spinach and a block of feta cheese that I had to use by Wednesday.  They are also a kid fav my 5 year old who does not eat cheese or veggies eats these.

This recipe can be changed to suit your tastes and what you have in the fridge.
I packet of feta or ricotta cheese.
a hand full of grated tasty cheese.
1 egg
Bacon chopped
Baby spinach chopped
Puff pastry (I find 2 sheets is a good size of my family of 5)

Method
Take puff pastry (or filo) out of freezer and leave on bench to defrost, line baking tray with baking paper.
Fry bacon and add chopped spinach and cook till spinach just wilts. (you don't have to do this but I like my bacon crispy, if using left over cooked chicken or ham you don't need to do this step)
Mix cheeses and egg together then add bacon/spinach to the cheese mixture.


Leave to cool.
Cut Pastry into 4 squares (8 if you want little ones for appetizers)



Put a spoonful of mixture into the middle of each squares and fold the square in half to make a triangle press edges together well. Brush with a small amount of milk and bake in a mod over until golden brown.




I have made veg only ones, mushroom, chicken and asparagus, ham, pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment